Riedenburger ecological concept
In 1989 after a period of mental preparation began the modification to today’s ecological manufacture. In 1994 the modification had been completed to the use of 100 % organic resources.
RIEDENBURGER obligates itself by a quality and environmental declaration to its implementation and to continuous advancements.
The owner couple Martha and Michael Krieger are engaged since the 80ies in environmental protection. It arose from that mindset the ideal of corporate governance in line with nature with an understanding of beer as a resource to live and to joy.
Their motivation is to operate the brewery as an artisan manufacture to the best possible welfare of human being.
Abstract of the corporate guidelines
- Environmental protection is an absolute necessity. That means: To treat resources with care, the reduction of ecological damage, to advance organic cultivation
- Health is the most valuable human beings have. That means: Basic principle is the purity of resources and their manufacture
- Human being takes center stage, because
- The ecological brewage philosophy is aimed at manufacturing pure, healthy and delicious beers as a resource of joy.
That is our organic brewery
- 100 % organic beers and organic non-alcoholic beverages
- 100 % resources from organic cultivation
- 100 % abstinence of filtration and water treatment
- Employment of high-quality resources as there are einkorn, emmer and spelt
- Employment of uncrossed plants
- Lively water from our own artesian spring – without chemical treatment
- Employment of natural umbel hops and hops pellets
- Own yeast pure cell culture
- Guaranteed free of genetic modified ingredients
- Continuous controls by BCS, Bioland and EU organic sign
- Regional partnerships with BIOLAND and Benedictine abbey Plankstetten (Benediktinerabtei Plankstetten).